Sunday, December 30, 2007

Holiday Envy/Quite possibly the worst ever!


O.k so this is an attempt to blog about something I am very strangely opinionated on without talking about all the emotional stuff that's happening in my life at the present. With that being said; New Years is quite possibly the lamest holiday ever! I say that because it never ever fails to fall short of the hype year in and year out....and seriously the one year that I was going to party like it was 1999 I was on my mission and fast asleep!....Prince will never forgive me for that.... =( Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying that New Years isn't a great time to make goals and re-focus on ones life, its great for that, I'm just saying that it is suppose to be this larger than life celebration/party time and it NEVER is (for me anyway). It could be that I don't drink, never have never will, however, I've had some great times and been to some really fun parties where nobody was drinking at all, so I'm gonna disqualify that reason. I think New Years is just a classic American example of making something out to be SO much more than it really is that when the smart people get together and realize that it really is just another day we don't enjoy it as much. Or what about this for a crazy thought; New Years suffers from severe Holiday Envy Syndrome? Yeah you know, with Christmas being every one's favorite holiday and all, and after all it is just a week previous??? Poor New Years is just fighting for a little attention......so sad <----said in you saddest tone ever- yes you know you've got that voice.....anyway, it's just a good thing that New Years hasn't learned that its my birthday just 2 days before....that might put him over the edge to pure madness so lets try and keep that on the DL okay?! =)

2 comments:

Amy Buff said...

Point noted and point taken and point agreed with. Happy Birthday.

The Shaner said...

lol