Saturday, December 29, 2007

A happy birth week to me!

So every year around this time it seems I find myself in an interesting situation. In years past; I have been found painting office space until 4am Christmas morning, (in CA.)getting x-rays in the hospital, collapsed and passed out (literally) on my sisters floor, and living in a remote desolate place in Mexico, just to name a few. This year has definatley had its share of uniqueness however, there is one thing that is strangely great and different about it....well maybe a couple of things. First: I have basically been celebrating my birthday since the 26th of dec. (birthday is on the 30th) The reason why this is unique and different is because I usually don't make a big deal of it and it kinda just gets meshed into Christmas. I have been cheating and opening birthday presents up before my birthday this year (but not on Christmas) and for some wierd reason, it feels like I'm making my birthday stand out a little bit more than normal which I kinda like. Second: its been a REALLY long time since I was given something for my birthday that I would say was the "perfect" gift, and I got it this year! It wasn't so much WHAT the gift was (in terms of flare and monetary value), as much as it was HOW it was given, and what it meant to me. I am a sucker for thoughtful gifts, even if they don't carry any monetary value- correction.....especially if the they don't. I don't know, it makes you feel loved, it makes you feel understood, validated, and genuinely thought of. It also made me realize how much I used to do things like that for others, but haven't for a while, and how I would like to do that again. Anyway, kind of a lame blog today but I just wanted to get some stuff down that I had on the brain. So happy birth week to me and all that good stuff!

2 comments:

Amy Buff said...

Good job on having a good outlook on getting presents. Sorry I had to explain why the presents were important, haha, I like the tone in this blog. Happy.

Megan said...

Um, I am a crapy sister. I am going to change. Watch for the delivery man! This IS you year!!!!!!!!!