Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The pusuit of happiness.......preached to empty seats.


You know, my blog is kinda funny. I really don't think I have anyone who reads it anymore, so when I write, I feel as though I'm in a play reciting my lines, yet nobody is in the audience. However, with that being said, here I am typing yet another blog for my silent audience. I Just got home from the new Will Smith movie; I Am Legend, it was good but the whole time my mind kept wondering. (you will laugh once you see the movie because it is seriously dark and jumpy -how could your mind wonder?) Yeah well, meet Christopher Walker Shane <--- thats me! Anyway, I kept thinking about the last movie I saw with Will Smith in it; The Pursuit Of Happiness.....a great feel good movie of a man who has the world at his fingertips, loses everything, then years later, is given a shot at greatness and he captures it! It has been a very introspective time for me in my life this year and I feel as though I just need the chance at greatness and I will capture it! I have prayed hard for a confirmation from the Lord that my life will be a success and I have received the answer that it will as long as I get back into school this coming year. I am registering for two classes at SLCC this spring, then transfer to the U or the Y in the fall and I will have my bachelors degree by Dec. of 2009. I will take a look at the coaching jobs available and consider my marital status and either take a job right away or start my masters program. Its exciting! It feels really good to me and I will do very well and enjoy my work. What doesn't feel so good is the loneliness of it all. I want so badly to share my adventures with someone special. I long for it, I really do. When I think of the Pursuit Of Happiness though, I also think of Will Smith doing it alone, because his wife left him. His will never changed, and the sculpted, polished person that was inside him never gave up hope. Wow, there is so much on my mind tonight! I can't say much more than my heart aches for something that has passed me by. I feel tremendously alone on one hand, yet, incredibly supported on the other. My faith in my Redeemer is strong, and I may need him more than every hour, but I really do feel that with his strength I can accomplish all things and capture greatness.
Oh and this song has been in my head all day for what its worth-

No comments: