Saturday, December 22, 2007

Life is short.......The Shaner cheats death once more

So I had another near death experience driving home from work yesterday. Rex, my car, decided to catch a patch of black ice on the freeway and fishtale out of control at 65 mph! I haven't been so terrified in my whole life. If I hit the brakes I roll my car and die, if I lose control and hit the retaining wall on the inside of the freeway I probably bounce off and back into traffic and die. (it was almost rush hour so there were lots of cars heading home) My only prayer was to ride it out, adjusting the wheel back and forth hoping to bring Rex straight... I have seen accidents involving Crx's before and they are not good. No airbags, very lightweight, and low to the ground makes for a very dangerous situation at high speeds. Anyway, I'm glad I'm not dead, that would have really ruined my week. I do give myself an A on steering Rex for 400 meters without spinning out though. Moral? Life is short, I still must have a purpose around here, and hey things could always be worse.....you could be DEED!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Your like the cat who has 9 lives! And yes, I am going to flood your email with my comments on your blog! Heee heee! I think I have two more to go!