Saturday, May 3, 2008

Just another day in the life......Change your stars

So yesterday was payday and I decided to take Friday and Saturday off to reward myself and buy some much needed supplies from the store. I'll start with the last thing I did and work backwards:

It's now a little after nine o'clock at night and I'm totally exhausted. I've been home from my trip to Mexico for a little over 2 hours.....oh yeah, I went to Mexico today for lunch. I was craving authentic mexican tacos and the ocean so I snatched the car and made the 2.5 hr jaunt down to Puente Pinasco (Rocky Point). It was great times, I got the idea after my 5k race this morning.....oh yeah I ran a 5k. It was a race put on by the local YSA regional comittee and I found out about it last sunday at church. I guess that takes me to the point in the story where I tell you about how I ended up touring a few uncharted routes, including the hardest loop (a killer half mile hill) twice......oops. It turned out to be a good workout though, trying to catch the 20 or so people who only did one loop like they were suppose to and ended up way in front of me. Lol! I managed to catch all but one and felt completely ok with being the official "first loser". I was virtually running on zero energy due to a serious Tony Hawk video game challenge that my buddy Tyler threw down on me. Yes, I'm a huge nerd I know this, but I also happen to be extremely competitive and even though I am terrible at this game and never played it before, I couldn't let Tyler just walk all over me. Anyway by the time 6 a.m. rolled around I had him waving the white flag and retreating to bed. Maybe we were extra wired from payday or something.....I know I was stoked to recieve my bigest 2 week paycheck since I was doing loans 5 years ago. So all in all things were pretty fast paced this week, still rough at times but that seems to be popular lately. In addition, please pardon the complete randomness; I just added a new movie to my collection: A Knights Tale....it's one of my favorite recent comedies and I think the message of "changing your stars" is completely appropriate for me right now. That is the whole reason I'm here. I know that this will make me a better man, and that I will be able to accomplish my life goals after just a few more short weeks......or long ones but hey, glass half full mentality never hurt right?

No comments: